Last Sunday, I gave a message in our Vulnerability series on anger. At first glance, anger and vulnerability seem to be strange cohorts in our emotional lives, but digging a little deeper shows how vulnerability helps us express anger in a healthy way.
Here are a few highlights and the link to the podcast. https://rcctulsa.simplecast.fm/69
- God is big enough to handle whatever emotion we feel.
- Emotions aren’t bad, they are a part of being human
- It’s not actually anger that trips us up, it’s how we navigate it.
- Practicing vulnerability in our anger means being willing to go make things right….sooner than later.
- There is a relational cost to allowing our anger to fester.
- Sometimes anger masks the real emotion we are feeling.